Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Come and go

So the first care giver has left the building. His name was Ray and was pretty much a dud. Dad didn't really care for him and berated him every moment he could. I was willing to let him stay a week before I said anything to the organization because dad is pretty demanding and I didn't know how on the ball these people were supposed to be. The gal they sent over the weekend was even worse but she was only a temporary so I didn't get too up in arms about her. I think she said two words to my dad and he was instantly hating her as well. Not to mention she had no skills in the kitchen and I should have been paid for her shift since I did all the work. Ray came back on Monday and it was equally as tense. Then he just didn't show up yesterday morning. The company is hugely embarrassed to the point where they are calling me almost every hour apologizing and making sure I'm satisfied. Honestly it is getting to the point where they are making it worse by tripping over themselves.

They sent a new woman today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because she is very nice, in her 50's and knows how to cook and grow things outside. We shall see about the evening gal. It is a different person so not sure what that will be like. I would say that will be the more difficult of the two shifts.

No comments:

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust