Tuesday, March 28, 2006

peas and lettuce



so spring has sprung here. i raked out my garden beds this weekend and built up my planting mounds. i'm trying to make my garden a bit more organized this year. last year i lost track of what i planted where and didn't really know until they got rolling what was what. i also planted my peas last year really late mostly because i had no idea you were supposed to get them in around st. patrick's day. who knew? they did grow last year but not very much. lettuce will be a new experiment this year. i think i am supposed to cover the lettuce beds but not sure yet. it hasn't been freezing at night lately so hopefully i'll be ok.

3 comments:

Erica Kern O'Neill said...

It's about time! I was about to give you a hard time about not blogging since you gave me sh*t. Just kidding. I still love you...and owe you a real email note.

Happy planting. I thought of you when I watered my Shamrock/Praying whatever plant. : )

kate said...

how's the plant doing? does it like your dark corner? and whatever! i update my blog at least once a week. so there. :P

Erica Kern O'Neill said...

The plant is doing okay. I think the room might be a bit too dark but it seems to be happy enough. I still need to find a cute pot for it. I looked at Target and, believe it or not, I couldn't find any I liked. I found several at Safeway (of all places) but none of them had holes in the bottom. Casey drilled a hole in the bottom of some other planters I have but it made me nervous because one false move and the whole pot would have cracked. I am going to look at Tuesday Morning; they might have some fun, cheap pots. I'll keep you posted.

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust