Friday, October 14, 2005

knit pick

so today i took my first knitting lesson at the local knitting shop. it was very cool. of course my first project is an orange scarf. big shock i know.
i actually did really well while i was there. when i got home i made a couple of mistakes, so arrogantly i thought i could take it a part and start over. oh how wrong i was!

i got so wrapped up in trying to cast on again that not only did i miss my 3pm chiropractor appointment but chucked the damn thing across the room when i just couldn't take it anymore. i think i shocked jason a bit when suddenly there were pointy brown sticks hurtling through the room too. so back i go tomorrow just so i can put my mind to rest. i tried to look in this knitting book how to do it but who can really follow directions from a two dimensional illustration. unless you are ann of course. :O)

i also thought optimistically that everyone i know was going to get scarves for xmas but i now see that maybe everyone will just get a lump of yarn to place strategically in places to keep warm.

2 comments:

Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Or they will get long strands of yarn that they can strategically wrap around...and around...and around...and around their neck!

Maybe you need to find a local "Stitch and Bitch"...I know that Leah goes to one and likes it.

Good luck. You are more patient than I!!!

Ann said...

It took me awhile to get it. And yes there was swearing involved. But once I got the hang of it I was a pro. We are really gonna have our friends fashionable with scoas. :) I am working on an orange one right now. Funny, I almost made you an orange one for your b-day.
Let me know if I can help you at all.

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust