Saturday, February 25, 2006

karma kicks my ass

i have a confession to make. maybe if i send it into the vastness of cyberspace karma will give me a freakin break!! yesterday the wind was blown fiercely. it was so strong that when i was out for a walk in the morning it would take my breath away. so i pulled into the parking lot of target, opened my car door, reached for my purse and the wind whipped the door out of my hand and solidly planted it into the door panel of the car next to me. i got out and there was a two inch red streak with a teeny dent in their door. the car was champagne colored so the red was pretty obvious. here is where i really pissed karma off. i tried to rub it off with my finger which did help, but the dent was definitely there to stay. so i moved my car into another parking space...

i know i am so bad!! i went into target and ho hummed in my brain about it. i did go back out to see if the car was still there but they had left.

so for the rest of the afternoon karma had fun with me. i went back into target to get the things i needed. i was smelling the liquid soap to find a new flavor. i popped the lid on one and it totally shot soap up my nose, all over my face and dripping down on my shirt. ick. after bumming some tissues from the pharmacy and whipping myself off, i paid for my stuff and went back outside. the wind, still going strong, blows my cart over onto me as i am trying to put my things in my car. so i am struggling to right the cart when my cute orange hat goes careening across the parking lot. i leave the cart to go get my hat and when i come back it is leaning against my car although the scratch was teeny. then i went to panera bread (like paradise cafe in phx but not even close to being as good) anyway i got food to go and i was walking out of the place, the wind whipped the bag out of my hand making it crash on the ground where my styrofoam container of soup explodes all over the place. they did give me new soup so it wasn't as sad as it could have been.

i told someone at work about this and she said that bad karma always kicks 3 times so maybe i'm done. or maybe the hoodoo of the internet confession will wave the dark cloud away.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Man, this post had me cracking up. I am sure you didn't think it was funny at the time.
Sounds like the wind was having some fun with you.

kate said...

thanks! things have gotten better. just booked a spa appointment for deb and i in phx at camelback inn. yippee!!

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Marketing you can trust